Monday, October 3, 2011

Time To Make a Commitment

Today while I was perusing class schedules for next semester I came to the realization that I am two, count them two, classes away from obtaining my Associate’s Degree. As in, I could sign up for two classes for next semester and have the degree in May and be in a Bachelor’s program a year from now. Oh.My.God. That light at the end of the tunnel instantaneously got a heck of a lot brighter, so bright, I feel like I’m walking on the sun right now.

Cue my cautious nature.

I am a planner and most actions in my life are well thought out before being executed. I do love spontaneity but my close friends can tell you, for the most part, I have thoroughly researched the decisions I have made. So my real story for finishing my Associate’s Degree is that I will taking one class next semester while avidly researching which school/Bachelor’s Degree program I will be transferring to. Sure I’ve had many ideas, but now, I have to make the commitment. Now I have to put my research to paper, make comparisons, and apply to the school that I want to complete my Bachelor’s Degree at

In my heart I want to be a Teacher of the Visually Impaired. Due to an eye condition I was born with, I worked with Vision Teachers as a child and I adored every one of them (with the exception of one); they made a huge impact on my life and did a lot for me academically as a just in case (that fortunately was not needed). This is something I am pretty passionate about, I love the one on one attention you are able to give the child and I am intrigued by the challenges that come with trying to teach a child that has a visual impairment.

My cautious nature rears its’ ugly head again.

I have a back-up plan, I’ve had one for years.

My back-up plan is to go into Corporate Training or Human Resources when I am finished with my Bachelor’s Degree. While we’re at it, Event Planning has also been an interest of mine. Then you could also throw in to the mix my love of reading and adoration of music; I’ve always thought it would be neat to find some sort of occupation that involved one of those. A close friend had thought of getting a Librarian Degree, that thought lingers in my head as well.

Knowing that I will be finishing my degree on-line I have done research here and there about which traditional schools offer degrees on-line; but I’ve never put it to paper and mapped out an actual decision, not to mention looked at any extra pre-requisites that I might need. Now, I have to.

Oh.My.God.

:D

2 comments:

  1. How awesome is this?! You are almost finished one journey and planning the next. Unreal. Nothing is typically an easy choice when it comes to following your heart vs. your head vs. conventional wisdom - but have faith in yourself and your ability to make the right choice! Go girl go!

    ReplyDelete